Beauty, Hair & Nail Individual Policies
Deciding to head out on your own and manage a business is not always an easy decision. But once you’re ready to set off, with studying done and qualifications in place, you want to make sure that your business, your clients and your professional reputation as a successful freelance or mobile practitioner are protected.
Arranged with AXA, a leading Insurer, our Towergate Health and Beauty Scheme is tailored to meet the individual needs of the beauty, Hair and Nails industry, whether you work on a mobile basis, operate from home, or rent a chair in a salon. You may be surprised at how much we cover.
If you cannot see the treatment you are looking for, just call the dedicated Towergate Health and Beauty Team and we will see what we can do. Remember, as your career progresses you can add more treatments to your policy.
Should you ever need to make a claim, our proactive Claims Team at AXA will provide the friendly and efficient support should the worst happen.
Under our policy for Freelance, Self Employed individuals we cover the following:
- £5,000,000 Indemnity Limit for Public Liability, Products and Treatment
- Optional Equipment cover with a flat Sum Insured of £5,000 or £10,000.
- Dissatisfaction cover. Where no injury has been caused, cover is provided up to £50,000 in any one period of insurance. This is subject to a 10% contribution.
- Case Studies cover, providing cover for carrying out case studies whilst training for a new treatment.
Choose Your Cover:
- Beauty Therapist Insurance – Standard Cover £53.00 including IPT
- Hair Stylist, Hairdressers & Barbers – Standard Cover £44.00 including IPT
- Barbering, styling, colouring, curling, crimping and extensions (for qualified hairdressers only)
- Nail & Spray Tanning Technicians – Standard Cover £41.00 including IPT.
- Includes nail treatments, make-up and spray tanning products and services.
The main exclusions and conditions are:
- Relevant certificates and or qualifications must be held for the covered treatment
- All open-blade razors or needles used are brand new or thoroughly sterilised
- Treatments must be carried out in accordance you’re with your training and/or manufacturers’ instructions.
- Excess of £100 applies in respect of claims for damage to other people’s property
Please note these policies are not suitable for members of staff directly employed by a salon on a new or existing agreement.
Build your quote
This is a quote and buy system so you can purchase your cover straight away at the end of the process.
Salon Business Owner Insurance
We understand that maintaining your salon’s flawless reputation is of paramount importance to you.
Our Salon policy covers the following, including optional covers.
Our Towergate Health and Beauty Salon Combined policy has been designed to meet the demands of a beauty salon or clinic, encompassing the essential treatment and liability insurances necessary to protect yourself and any staff you employ.
- £5,000,000 Public, Product and Treatment Liability cover
- £10,000,000 Employer’s Liability cover
- £600,000 Business Interruption over 24 months
- Cover for Contents anywhere in the UK, including Transit
- Shopfronts, Glass and Money cover
- Commercial Legal Cover
- Buildings and/or Tenants Improvements on an All Risks basis
- Stock, Equipment and Trade Contents covered on an All Risks basis with a new for old claims settlement
- Treatment Dissatisfaction Cover. Where no injury has been caused, cover is provided up to £50,000, in any one period of insurance. This is subject to a 10% contribution.
- Teacher Training Cover
- Optional Personal Accident cover for all or named staff members
- Sunbeds and optional extensions, including new treatments
We also offer an instalment facility in conjunction with Premium Credit. This affords you flexibility and makes your money more manageable. If this would be of interest to you, please talk to us for further details.
For a quote please email us now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call us on 0344 892 1602 and speak to one of our Salon Advisors,
quoting reference 53708.
How to notify AXA Insurance of a new claim
For property Claims, please email spclaims.ins@axa-msurance co uk with policy number RET2898041
For liability Claims, please email liabilityclaims.ins@axa insurance co uk with policy number RGBDX6826227
Alternatively, you can contact the dedicated Claims Team by telephone, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
Property – 0370 850 7134
Liability-0345 900 4185
Towergate Health and Beauty is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Ltd. Registered Address: Towergate Underwriting Group Ltd, Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3EN. Registered in England No: 4043759 Towergate Underwriting Group Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.